Saturday 24 September 2016

Sewmiriam Workshop

What a day it has been! My Saturday workshop ladies are amazingly talented. I look forward to this class so much and today - well they took my breath away!

What delights me every single time in patchwork, is how the same pattern can look so different when interpreted in different colours and print styles. Read on and you will see what I mean.

Let's start with the stars inspired by the book 15 Minutes of Play by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. Here is Sandy's red and white version. It is stunning!


Here is Nancye's star done in Scandinavian style prints. It is beautiful and radiates elegance.


Here is Anne's lovely star on the design wall 


And here it is with the corner squares and inset triangles being added. Now the star is starting to glow!


Anne has chosen a gorgeous purple small dot print and I can't wait to see how the quilt will look with the next border added. 

Dee is working on 2 cushion covers and wanted a Japanese theme. I put together a fabric pack for her and  reduced  the pattern size considerably. Here is cushion cover number one. ( Do you think Dee will notice if I steal it?  I love this star!) 


Here is the second  of Dee's small stars, and it is equally as beautiful. Just look at those houses and baskets! 


There was also work being done on Sewmiriam Quilt As You Go Pony Express Quilts.

Here is Marg's playmat version ready for its rusty red binding.



The detail in this quilt is wonderful. Lots of "I Spy an Animal" going on here.


Here is Nancye's work in progress with a special little girl in mind. In no particular order here are her blocks so far. This quilt looks so fresh and lovely. 



Sue is working on 6 inch blocks for her twin set quilts. Sue is carefully planning the block placements and using Tilda fabrics for a soft dreamy effect. Divine. 


Phew! What a wonderful amount of work to show you this week! I haven't mentioned that there was also great interest in my easy orange peel technique, and in between all the other projects I did spy these being created today. I think we will be seeing more of these in coming months. If you missed my tutorial series click here and follow the link.  


 Being grand final week here in Australia for several football codes, I imagine that I will not be alone in my sewing/cheering/snacking happy place. Go the Swans! Maybe Sandy's red and white star will be our  lucky charm this year.

Happy sewing, love Miriamx 

No comments:

Post a Comment