Thursday 16 June 2016

Busy Times and Show Prep Talk.



When the heavens opened in Sydney recently and  rain fell constantly over a weekend, the silver lining was that there was little else to do but stay indoors and sew. The result for me was this vibrant star, which ended up being quite large, at 59 inches by 59 inches. Taking inspiration from Victoria Findlay Wolfe's book '15 Minutes of Inspirational Play,' I did indeed play with some of my favourite fabrics. But I confess, I couldn't just stop at 15 minutes. I played on and off over the weekend, and even made my own templates. When an idea starts, I just have to let it play out to completion. When time permits I will add borders, and I plan to play further with differing sizes and designs in my monthly workshops next semester at Cottage Quiltworks. There are many possibilities and my play has only just begun! 

Semester One Workshops have now come to an end, with last weekend's workshop wrapping up a great half year. Thank you to all the ladies who have made these classes such a joy to teach. it has been an absolute pleasure to work with you all.  I have been able to share many of the fabulous projects completed this year so far in previous blogposts, but there are a few that still need to have the spotlight shone upon them.

Let's start with Sandy who has completed this stunning  Sewmiriam tote 


and this Sewmiriam cushion cover


Sandy has a great sense of style and colour. 

Dee has been working away at her  baby quilt version of the Sewmiriam Pony Express Quilt and is now adding a yellow striped binding to complete it to perfection.


How gentle and beautiful is this quilt. You are so talented Dee. 

Nancy has started a Sewmiriam Tote bag with fabric combinations that pop!


Sue is starting one of the Sewmiriam twin quilts, using Tilda fabrics. 






This week it is all hands on  deck as Team Cottage Quiltworks prepares for the Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair which is on next week from June 22nd - June 26th at the Sydney Exhibition Centre, Glebe Island. Please come  and say hello to Gerri and myself at Stand H73 . There has been some very special secret sewing going on recently in preparation and there will be great new original kits, patterns, fabrics and quilting supplies showcasing the best of what Cottage Quiltworks has to offer available at the Show. See you there!!

Happy sewing, love Miriam x 



No comments:

Post a Comment