Thursday 12 May 2016

Indulgence

It has been  a very busy time of late. There has  been a quilt show, workshops, work, family events ..... the list goes on. All these things have been wonderful, but right now I am feeling TIRED. Can you relate? So this week I thought I would make time to be indulgent.




For me that meant making time to sew something just for me. Not something for a workshop, or for a pattern, or for a present, something for fun! After all, isn't that why we started sewing in the first place ? It's easy to forget at times. Easy to push forward, but much harder to pull back! 

I started with some Color Brigade fabric from Jennifer Paganelli. I just love it's vibrancy, and those florals! Above is the Sewmiriam Handy Ziptop bag I made. 

Here is the other side




Then I pulled out some 'vintage' Jennifer Paganelli fabrics and added those to the mix, using my go to favourite log cabin block and made a few of those ( an Amy Butler found its way in too!) 










I am not sure where these are headed yet, but I think a gorgeous free range scrappy quilt is emerging. What do you think? I know its bright, bold and quirky, but there in lies its charm. This style is always a winner for me. 

Go on, indulge! 

Happy sewing, love Miriamx 



No comments:

Post a Comment