Friday 13 November 2015

Sewmiriam Tote Bags and Whopper Shoppers

Today was busy indeed with a Sewmiriam Workshop teaching my Whopper Shopper and Tote Bag at Cottage Quiltworks. With a star cast of attendees, much progress was made on everyone's bags. These bags are larger than the Handy Ziptop, and therefore aren't finished in a day.

Here are some of the gorgeous panels made today

Trish created this truly beautiful bag front panel. Her colourway is soft with a few strong accents to really make this whimsical central print shine.


Marg used a  wonderful fabric for her focus print, cleverly combining it with a winning Alexander Henry striped/ polka dot print. A match made in heaven Marg!



Jill took this vibrant Cotton and Steel fabric for her central panel and added bold  prints for accent.
I love this fresh modern look.
  
                             


Sandy chose a French theme and created this wonderful front panel for her Whopper Shopper. I love those polka dots! 


Helen is making a beautiful bag featuring this  fun pineapple print, brought to life with a modern gray
spotty print and pink panels.



One of the highlights of today, was that everyone made a zippered, fully lined pocket. This pocket makes a truly professional finish to any bag. Every time I make this pocket I feel very clever! 

Trish made a perfect pocket first time around!



                             


Sandy did too..


                                


I always think that if you make a fabulous pocket like this you should put a surprise fabric inside, like Trish  did. How cool is this pocket!!



Thank you ladies for an awesome day. I all hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Your bags are going to look amazing, and all will have perfect pockets too!

Happy sewing, love Miriamx 


3 comments:

  1. Then, when I arrive at my tropical beach destination, Canvas Tote Bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am typically to blogging i truly appreciate your site content. This great article has truly peaks my interest. Let me bookmark your web blog and keep checking for brand spanking new info. edbagleyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete