Friday 10 July 2015

A Wonderful Workshop

It has been a busy week!  On Monday I ran a bag making workshop at  The Cottage Quiltworks as part of their annual Quilt Escape week. The work rooms were buzzing each day with classes. The ladies who took part in my workshop were all amazingly talented and were able to create fabulous one of a kind bags .






Anne turned up on the next day  with her bag completed including handles! Impressive .



Every time I run a workshop I am delighted. Each participant brings along fabrics that they love and as the day progresses these fabrics work their way into bag fronts and backs. Fabrics are trialled, cut and quilted - there is a lot going on ! The  techniques learnt are really contagious. I know that Jo has already made 2 more bags. I wonder how many more will be made over the next few weeks?

Thank you ladies for a wonderful day. Thank you for your inspiring work.  Thank you Jann and Chris for running a very special quilting store with a workshop programme that gives pleasure to so many. Friendships flourish, creativity abounds and laughs are a aplenty! 

I am already looking forward to teaching the next workshop on Saturday 25 th July at The Cottage Quiltworks in Warriewood.

Happy sewing, Miriam x






No comments:

Post a Comment