Sunday 25 January 2015

Trip Around The World - a Finished Quilt!

There are some quilt projects that are just wonderful to make. When I joined Brigitte Giblin's Trip Around The World Facebook group last year I really had no idea what I was signing up for.


I am a great admirer of Brigitte's work, and was attracted to the depression era TAW quilts where you use what you have, and make do. The project was completely done by hand, including the quilting, and I loved every moment of the journey. I love the quilt that resulted, and thank my fabric swap buddy Molly Lamb for her contribution of the divine strawberry print.




The one fabric we had to use was a red spot. I chose to also bind in the spot, to match the centre square, and I am pleased with how it all came together. 


Happy Australia Day and Happy Sewing, Miriamx 





2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Miriam. I'm enjoyed a lot of hand quilting over the summer - very relaxing (with the air-conditioning!). Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it did really come together ! As a non quilter ,I wasn't sure how all the colours were going to combine at the end . Now it all makes sense ..

    ReplyDelete