Tuesday 9 December 2014

Not the Levens Hall Quilt in close up.

In my last post I showed this quilt top. I am glad so many of you liked it.This quilt makes me smile every time I look at it. There is plenty to see if you look closely.

There have been a few requests for close up shots so I though I would start with the quilt centre square in this post. This is anatomy of a quilt 101! 


Firstly, let's begin with the central hexagon medallions.

 

Each medallion is fussy cut, and hand pieced using the paper piecing technique. I had a tiny piece of the pansy fabric, so used it cleverly in three of the medallions to unify them.









Which is your favourite medallion? 


In my next post I will show close ups of the border. My friends have named the border the Brad Pitt border- because it looks great with everything!! 
Happy Sewing, love Miriam x 



No comments:

Post a Comment