Monday 29 December 2014

New Year Bliss

The week between Christmas and New Year is one of my favourite times of the year. There are no appointments, no work commitments , and the whole family can relax at home doing their own thing. I get to sew!
Fabrics are everywhere, designs are playing around happily in my head, and ideas begin to transform themselves into projects.

      
I have been able to start and nearly finish  my counted cross stitch pin keep from Blackbird Designs.
My sewing purse made from half inch hexagons has been very useful indeed as I move to follow the best sunlight around the house and it gives me great joy to look at each day.

I have decided to play around with making 6 inch blocks with a few fabrics I picked up in Houston , and at the Cottage Quiltworks in Warriewood. I have made about 20 so far.
Here are a few of my favourites


     
     

     
A love affair has started for me with the colour I call musky lilac. The blocks are dictating the quilt they wish to be made into.  Using black and white border prints is adding a fresh, modern twist to the traditional blocks which I like on point. 

Do you make New Year Resolutions? I don't, although I do pause and consider the blessing of another year to share with friends and family. I know I drive people crazy with my optimism and my effervescent  enthusiasm but that's the way I choose to see the world. Sure- I talk too much, I love food too much, I cry like an empath and I have way too many things to do in a day but really wouldn't want to drastically change the status quo. Friends would worry there was something wrong!  Perfection is way over rated in my book. So here is to the New Year and to imperfections . That's what makes life fascinating.

Happy sewing, Miriam x


No comments:

Post a Comment