Saturday 1 November 2014

Fairholme Quilters' New Best Friend.

Saturday at Houston. Today I went to two lectures. One was with Peggy Martin about taking quilt blocks one step beyond, and the other was about quilting in stages with Marti Mitchell. I will have lots to share when I get home.



My star struck moment today was with Kimberly Jolly of the Fat Quarter Shop.




Kimberly loved hearing about the Fairholme Quilters and  has kindly donated all these books to our group.

That was so generous of her. It feels like Christmas ! Thank you Kimberly for your support of our community quilt projects. There are many patterns in these books that will be perfect for our purposes. Kimberly and her team are great charity workers in their own right too.


For those of us who follow the Fat Quarter Shop you know how busy they are. I had to ask Kimberly if she ever slept and she assured me that she sleeps 8 hours a night!
 
Tomorrow I will just look at all the quilts ,before I leave. Happy sewing,Miriam xx

1 comment: